Check out this great list of 5 things you can do this Earth Day to celebrate our planet!
1. Organize clean-up projects in your community. With the assistance of an adult, you can
donate time on Earth Day to clean up an area park, school ground, beach or other public place.
2. Practice saving water by setting a timer when you shower. Turn it into a family competition to see who can take a shower in under 5 minutes. Keep the timer in the bathroom to remind everyone about this good habit after Earth Day is over.
3. Ask your parents to pick up a copy of Born to Be Wild and watch with the whole family.
4. Turn off lights and appliances/electronics when not in use When you're not using lights or appliances/electronics (TV, computer, video games, etc.) TURN THEM OFF! Let mom and dad unplug them from the outlets as they see fit for safety.
5. Volunteer with community organizations that plant trees. Trees help us enjoy cleaner air and more beautiful landscapes. Get help finding organizations where you live who plant trees, and then volunteer to help! The Arbor Day Foundation is a good place to start if you need help locating a group in your local area.