Learn twelve things about 'The Looney Tunes Show.'
'The Looney Tunes Show' premieres May 3 on Cartoon Network and we got our hands on twelve things you might not know about the show.
- Daffy, Porky, Pete Puma and Marvin the Martian all went to high school together. Marvin was the foreign exchange student.
- Kristen Wiig, who voices Lola, and Fred Armisen, who voices Speedy Gonzales, are both current cast members of 'Saturday Night Live.'
- Daffy Duck turned his car into a parade float, not because he's in a parade, but because, as he says, "I am the parade."
- Known as the "Man of 1,000 Voices," Mel Blanc originated the iconic voices of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, Tweety and Sylvester. Today, Jeff Bergman supplies the voice for each of these five characters in 'The Looney Tunes Show.'
- Head writer Hugh Davidson and writers Larry Dorf and Rachel Ramras, as well as Merrie Melodies songwriters Ben Falcone and Damon Jones, were all members of the Groundlings, an improvisation and sketch comedy theatre based in Los Angeles.
- How can Bugs Bunny afford such a nice house in the suburbs? He invented the carrot peeler!
- Supervising Producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone have been working with Bugs and Daffy for over a decade on everything from the movie 'Space Jam' to the 'Duck Dodgers' television series they created.
- Daffy Duck's middle name is Sheldon (although he tells people its "Armando").
- Bugs and Daffy's doctor, Dr. Weisberg, is voiced by acclaimed writer, producer and director, Gary Marshall.
- Bugs' girlfriend Lola first appeared in the movie "Space Jam," while Daffy's girlfriend Tina was created for "The Looney Tunes Show."
- June Foray has voiced Granny since 1955.
- Daffy may not have a job, but if you ask him what he does for a living he'll tell you he's a "Wizard."
- 'The Looney Tunes Show' Clips
- 'The Looney Tunes Show' Pics
- Exclusive: How to Draw Bugs Bunny
- Bugs and Daffy Stop By The White House Easter Egg Roll
Filed under: TV